Monday, June 22, 2009

My Date (1)


This is a sequel to my earlier blog on my strange illness.
Read it here.
All names/places are fictitious and bear no resemblance to any thing remotely real.


Kolkata, some Saturday in March 2009, after the mid semester exams

Behka Main Behka, Woh Behki Hawa Si Aai..
Ek Hi Nazar Mein Sab, Manzil Wanzil Paaye...
"Shut the phone up and LET ME SLEEP in peace! It's only 11 o' clock!!" shouted my room-mate from under the covers. I hit the snooze button before I had realized what time it was...

Behka Main Behka, Woh Behki ..
"Aarav !!! See the time dude !! What time is your date? " yelled my roomie again. This time I woke up. Date. Something clicked. I had a date at 12 pm! I glanced at my phone and saw that I was late, it was already 11:30 am !

At this point, I should make something clear. This was the first time I was going to meet her, the person who had changed me. She was the whiff of fresh air in my life - the girl whom you feel is just the one for you.

"Get out of bed idiot! Now rush or you will be late... I don't want you to be late again!!" It seemed that my roomie was more enthusiastic in this whole thing than me. I got out of my bed, rushed through the morning chores at a dastardly late hour (though it is quite common in a hostel to see someone brushing his teeth at 4 o' clock in the evening) and rushed out towards my long quest towards the city. And like a true conqueror, I set out for my prize with hope in my heart and enthusiasm in my gait. The date was at one of the malls of Kolkata - city center.

Tweet Tweet . My phone beeped.
"1 NEW MESSAGE"
Hey.. u coming na ??

I guessed it was more of a rhetorical question, she knew I would be there. However some furious thumbing later:-
"Please Recharge Your Account to Resume Services"
Oh shit! What if she decides not to come over when she doesn't receive my sms? Hell, I had to do something! Thankfully my over enthusiastic roomie had (some) balance, a rare instance, and I texted an affirmative. I reached CCD @ CC and started waiting... my past experience told me girls seldom turn up in time. After a Cappuccino and a Tropical Iceberg later, as my wallet steadily emptied itself, I started cursing my luck. And then I saw her...

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date."
Now I understood what Shakespeare must have felt when he penned those lines. She was the epitome of the Greek goddess, the muse of painters and poets. The sinuous tresses of her hair overflowed onto her shoulders nonchalantly, yet gracefully. Mere words cannot express the volumes spoken by her mysterious eyes. Someone had rightly said beauty is an experience, it is not a fixed pattern or arrangement of features. It is something which is felt, and I felt her beauty radiating all around me. I stood there speechless, my mind blank.

"Hey Aarav !! So finally we meet! I am so happyyyyy! "
*smiling like an angel*

Finally I managed to speak.
"I am even happier than you dear!!! So Eisha... how did you recognize me ??? "
An awkward silence for a second

"Eisha? Who Eisha? You don't even remember my name ???"
*sob*
"Aarav.. I never expected this from you. I am leaving. Please do not ever try to contact me or call me, ever again"
*sob*

I always had trouble remembering names. :(

~~~~~
P.S :- Aarav is the name of the main character in all my blogs from now on. I got some really nasty feeback from my last post in which I had used my own name, which I had to delete.

P.S :- This is totally fictitious.
P.S :- Or is it?

P.S :- Really missing iiser
P.S :- She still won't talk with me. :( :(
P.S :- The doodle is from www.themattefinish.com

6 comments:

Himanshu said...

Oi awesome dude...I especially liked the portion in which you described the beauty of the girl! And I know I shouldn't be telling you this, but I've copied those lines from this blog for future use. :P

Shakespeare also said: 'What's in a name?'

I guess you should have told Eisha that!! lolzzz...

Ashim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashim said...

nice one!! seems to me that your protagonist is infected with the 'i-keep-forgetting-names' syndrome..i'll be waiting for more of Aarav's adventures..and if you want ideas, I have first hand experiences to share!!!

Rajarshi said...

@ Himanshu
he he .. no problem dude! Describing girls is something which we all love doing! But describing in a way that's not gross - thats what we seldom do !!

@ Ashim
Sure dude - always on the lookout for fresh ideas! You can be very well the next 'girl on the train' !!!

Anurag said...

you remembered me chetan bhagat, nice work, waiting 4 next story...

Dimple said...

Hahaha gud post..had me in splits..:)